In Christ, God’s love and grace have transformed our lives.
We believe that:
- There is one God – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God created the world and called it good, and created human beings to tend creation.
- Though created in God’s image, we all sin and fall short of God’s intention.
- In mercy, God reaches out to find us, guide us, and reconcile us to God and to each other.
- God’s Word is revealed to us in the Bible, and ultimately in Jesus Christ, the Word made flesh.
- In his life, death, and resurrection, Jesus Christ has atoned for all our sins.
- We are saved from sin, death, and evil by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- In Christ, we live freely and eternally with God.
- God has given the Holy Spirit to form Christians as the church, the body of Christ.
- Every Christian has a call to proclaim God’s love, and spiritual gifts to enable us to do so.
In response to God’s love and grace,
and in obedience to Christ’s commandments and commission,
we dedicate ourselves, individually and as a congregation,
to living abundantly as disciples of Christ:
1. Following Christ – we proclaim Jesus Christ as the Lord of our lives
- “The greatest and first commandment …”: Matt 22:37-38
- we gather in worship to encounter God: Matt 18:20, 1 Cor 11:23-26
- we live lives of prayer: 1 Thess 5:17
- we study the Bible and train ourselves as disciples: 2 Tim 3:16-17
- we witness to God’s love and grace in our words and deeds: 1 Peter 2:9
2. Serving in Love – we serve the needs of all our neighbors
- “… And another is like it”: Matt 22:39
- “The new commandment”: John 13:34-35
- we use our spiritual gifts for the good of all: 1 Cor 12:4-28
- we give generously of our time, talents, and possessions: 2 Cor 9:6-8
- we strive for God’s reign of justice and righteousness: Matt 6:33, Luke 4:18-19
3. Sharing the Journey – we welcome everyone to grow with us
- “The great commission”: Matt 28:19-20
- we care for each other, and build each other up as disciples: Eph 4:11-13
- we reach out to invite all people to know God’s love in Christ: Matt 28:19-20
- we continue to follow Christ and grow as disciples throughout this life: Phil 3:12-14